Welcome to the NUGENIA website!
NUGENIA is an association dedicated to the research and development of nuclear fission technologies, with a focus on Generation II and III nuclear plants. It gathers stakeholders from industry, research, safety organisations and academia, committed to develop joint R&D projects in the field. NUGENIA builds on the past success of a European Commission-supported network called NULIFE, and integrates a working group from SNETP, the Sustainable Nuclear Energy Technology Platform; it also targets to join with the SARNET network. The work of NUGENIA is organised in seven technical areas, within a general scope defined by the Strategic Research Agenda published by SNETP, the European stakeholder forum for nuclear technology.
This website presents the organisation, members and technical focus of NUGENIA. It will be regularly upgraded with new features, so keep posted – a good way to do is to register to our newsletter.
|11 Oct 2013
NUGENIA Roadmap released and available online
The NUGENIA roadmap, challenges and priorities publication has been produced to provide a single reference document for NUGENIA members and the wider nuclear generation II and III R&D community in Europe and around the World.
|5 Oct 2013 |
Euratom FP7 – NUGENIA+ project moves forward
The European Commission signed the NUGENIA+ Grant Agreement on 26 August 2013. The project started on 1 September 2013 and the kick-off meeting will be held on 24-25 October 2013 in Helsinki.
|1 Oct 2013 |
NUGENIA General Assembly 2014, London– SAVE THE DATE
The third NUGENIA General Assembly will be held on 18 March 2014 at the London Department of Business Innovation and Skills
(BIS) conference Centre. All authorised representatives for NUGENIA members are invited to attend the meeting to learn about the progress and strategic vision for the association.
|1 Oct 2013
NUGENIA Forum 2014, Madrid – SAVE THE DATE
The third edition of the NUGENIA Forum will be held on 8-10 April 2014 in Madrid.
The Forum Programme Committee has been established to draft the programme and invite speakers. Opportunities for additional meetings of NUGENIA portfolium projects and/or NUGENIA labeled project ideas are envisaged on 7 and 8 April in the morning. To book a meeting room please contact the Secretariat as soon as possible.
- 23 Sep 2013 FISA 2013 & EURADWASTE 2013 Conferences in October: The FISA 2013 Conference on research and training in reactor systems and EURADWASTE 2013, a conference on radioactive waste management will be held in parallel from 14-17 October 2013 in Vilnius, Lithuania. These events are co-organised by the European Commission and the Lithuanian Ministry for Education and Science, under the auspices of the Lithuanian Presidency of the EU. Find out more.
- 4 Jul 2013 NUGENIA+ negotiations continue: NUGENIA is concluding the negotiation phase with the European Commission for NUGENIA+. The FP7 Euratom project will be launched in autumn 2013 to support and further develop the current activities of the NUGENIA association.
- May 2013 The NUGENIA Open Innovation Platform (NOIP) opens to all NUGENIA members.
- 22 Mar 2013 The second annual Forum was held in Budapest from 18-20 March 2013. Read more
- 6 Mar 2013 The second NUGENIA General Assembly was held in Paris on 6 March. Read more
- Feb 2013 The SNETP Strategic Research and Innovation Agenda (SRIA) was issued.
- 19 Feb 2013 Negotiation mandate letter from the EC for the NUGENIA+ project was received.
- 15 Jan 2013 Online registration for the NUGENIA Forum 2013 is now open
- 6 Jan 2013 Invitations to the 2nd General Assembly are being distributed to NUGENIA representatives
|9 Apr 2013|
General Assembly and Forum 2013 in video
Watch a short video of the second General Assembly and Annual Forum featuring highlights of the two events and interviews.
|18 March 2014: NUGENIA 3rd General Assembly (London, UK - BIS Conference Centre)|
|8-10 April 2014 : NUGENIA 3rd Annual Forum (Madrid, Spain - Hotel Auditorium)|
I am honored to be the first President of NUGENIA. NUGENIA is a unique initiative to help the whole nuclear community to cooperate in the R&D space for the benefit of Gen II&III NPPs, and to coordinate our respective contributions.
The integration of several pre-existing groups makes it even more attractive, as it will allow us to further build on this collective experience and help us consolidate and optimise our work processes.
I am confident in the bright future of NUGENIA to serve our industry and will do my best to make it happen.
Please join and help us all implement this timely initiative.Jean-Pierre West,
EDF R&D Senior Vice President